Monday, November 28, 2005

Within four days we’ve lost four hours. During the day I’m miserably tired and at night I can’t sleep. It’s awful. Other than that though, things are going great.

I’m turning in my semester-long journal on my Japan readings and my consumer-oriented piece for Traveler’s Journals today. Yesterday I finished my global studies readings and a couple days ago I turned in my sixth and final paper on geohazards. Three exams to go and I’ll be home free. The sweet thing about exams on the ship is that the teachers only have one to two days to grade the tests and report the grades back to us, so I’m hoping that, in turn, we have shorter, less complicated exams in order to make grading easier.

Last night was the Ambassador’s Ball. The girls wore dresses, the boys wore suits (many of which were made in Vietnam), and after eating a fancy five-course meal with pre-arranged seating and Champaign, we danced the night away. One of the teachers on the ship also danced the night away, only while grinding on the students while wearing jeans and her bikini top...pretty sure she was drunk. Needless to say, it was extremely entertaining. Then at 10:00 they put out this amazing dessert bar with a million kinds of cakes and seriously, just so much it was ridiculous. Oh yeah, and before the dinner we watched a preview of the voyages DVD and a 45-minute slideshow of pictures. As many joked, “It was only the most important night of our lives.”

Today is the 29th for us. So is tomorrow. It’s all very confusing to hear people refer to a date by “the first 29th.”

We’ll get to Hawaii Thursday night and have all day Friday to do as we please. Still debating Pearl Harbor or not.

Less than ten days on the ship. One girl in the voyage DVD preview said that, “I’m ready to go home and see my friends and family, but after a week I’ll want to come right back here.” That’s how I’m feeling right now too.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss you A-a-nnie, oh yes I do-oo, I love you A-a-nnie, when your in a good mo-od, when your not near me, I'm bluuuuuuuue, oh, A-a-nnie I love yooooooou.

Anonymous said...

Hey Annie-

Pearl Harbor is definitely worth seeing. It's not a whole day kind of trip, which would still leave time to enjoy Honolulu.

Enjoy the last few days of your incredible journey!

Deb

Anonymous said...

annie annie annie are you glad zoe is not gone??? see you oh so soon! mwa as c-ster al likes to say. mim

Anonymous said...

DreamBoat Annie
Heart


Heading out this morning into the sun
Riding on the diamond waves, little darlin' one

Warm wind caress her
Her lover it seems
Oh, Annie
Dreamboat Annie my little ship of dreams

Going down the city sidewalk alone in the crowd
No one knows the lonely one whose head's in the clouds

Sad faces painted over with those magazine smiles
Heading out to somewhere won't be back for a while
won't be back for a while
won't be back for a while
won't be back for a while

Love,
Dad

Anonymous said...

Annie my little ship of dreams

Anonymous said...

TOOT TOOT!!

Anonymous said...

Still missing you

Love,
Dad