Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Distracted

Excited for Christmas, to see my family, that my dad is traveling to see us, to give everyone their gifts, and to dress Zoe up daily in some ridiculous holiday get-up...but distracted.  It's hard to not get wrapped up in Friday's tragedy in Connecticut shooting.  Working in news makes it worse.  I nearly started crying this morning as I waited to go live on a completely different subject, because coverage of the funerals aired right beforehand.

I don't have much to say on what happened.  Not going to get into gun control, even the treatment of those with mental illness.  I'm just sad.  Feeling like most everything else is trivial right now.

Also really wishing this amazing show from the late 90s was real.  Yes, that a cat had delivered someone a newspaper with all the day's headlines, a day early...anything to prevent what happened.



The rest of my week, which I have off, will need to be filled with love and alcohol.

No comments: