Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Lately

I've been self-conscious.  I'm back on TV and in the same television market as quite a few beautiful women.  Two weeks ago I met with a style consultant through work, which didn't help.  From my makeup to my hair and wardrobe, I was picked apart.  So self-conscious.  I'm not used to this.  It's this feeling that makes me wonder sometimes if TV is for me.

Reporting on a "jaw-dropping" fire.
If I wasn't a TV reporter, I truly feel I'd be fully comfortable with myself.  A lot of things would be different.  I'd experiment with my hair. Have a political opinion that I actually voiced.  I'd even likely get involved with some of the organizations I agree with, but can't publicly support in an effort to stay neutral.

Lately, I feel like being on TV, speaking to thousands of people daily, actually mutes me more than it does expand my voice.  Maybe that will change, I'll grow more comfortable and find my niche on screen.  I can hope, because aside from the whole 'being on air' thing, I really do enjoy being my job.  Which, I assure you, involves way more than just being on air.

Reporting from Indianapolis, Me.

No comments: