Wednesday, February 13, 2013

One year.

At this time last year, I was sleeping.  Oh, the joys of an overnight shift.
But in all seriousness, at this time last year I was single.  Fresh off a breakup.  Living in Chicago.  And working in radio.
At this time last year, I also met Spencer.

After a day of running around downtown, turning stories for a radio station that no-longer exists, I opted to go to the Chicago Reader's Anti-Valentine's Day Party at the Logan Square Auditorium. A couple of my friends, already in relationships, were headed there.  I went alone, got there way before them, and made random conversation with Ashley, Spencer's sister.  She then introduced me to him once he came inside from a smoke-break (a year later that habit is long gone).


I love this picture because if you look closely you can see Spencer and I during one of our first conversations.  We're in the lower left-hand corner.

We spent the rest of the evening chatting.  Left together and said our goodbyes on the train.  The next morning as I trudged to work, he text me.  Funny, I still remember where I was sitting and how much I smiled to hear from him.


Anyway,  I'm feeling sappy today.  Not because it's Valentine's Day but because a year ago I met this great guy who is now a major part of my life.  

No comments: