Thursday, April 18, 2013

George

I can't not blog about the passing of George Weyerhaeuser.  Allison's father-in-law.  Walker's dad.  Kathy's husband, and just an all-around good man passed away earlier this week.

I haven't told many people at work but when I mentioned it to one person I said I had a 'death in the family."  Because he was part of my family, maybe distantly, but he was.
Christmas 2012 (Walker, George, Allison, and my dad)
I like this picture of him.  Talking as the photo is being taken.  He was always doing that.

I still remember the first holiday we spent together.  Our family rushing around my mom's house, trying to get ready to go somewhere and George standing by the front door patiently, his fanny pack around his waist, not rushing anyone but clearly ready to go, even though I knew we were nowhere close to heading out the door.  It made me laugh then and still does.  

I'm glad Spencer got to meet him over Christmas.  And of course, I'm glad I had the chance to meet him during his final years. He will be incredibly missed.  

No comments: