Monday, April 08, 2013

Workin' Hard for the Money

Equal Pay Day is tomorrow.
It's considered the date women's wages catch up to what men earned the year before.  So essentially 16 months worth of work to make the same amount as their counterparts do in 12.  

I've never thought much about the issue.  It seems like one of the issues my best friend from high school would be into her.  She's always cared about women equality.  One year for my birthday she gave me a 'Born in Vagina' shirt.  It's those type of women who care about this stuff, right?  Not me.  Until yesterday.

I got in a 'heated argument' over gender pay discrimination (really it was just an ongoing debate).
I'm still heated about it.  So that means I really care about this issue, right?  Or maybe I'm less concerned about the issue than I am about people acknowledging it.  I think that's it. Either way, acknowledge.  

No comments: