Friday, May 17, 2013

Amy in Champaign

My baby is getting big. She now actually opens her mouth (she never used to). So much cuter that way.  And because she still has puppy fur but is noticeably getting bigger, she looks even more like a teddy bear to me.

Took this photo of her yesterday as we drove to Champaign to visit Amy in her new home.
Notice she's wearing a bow.  Her first bow.  And technically Amy paid for it.  It was 45 cents, and I dug through her wallet for change. 

Let's talk about Amy though.  This was my first time visiting her in her new home, and I was impressed.  It's open, has a yard, a back porch, and they welcomed the dog.  None of her housemates were home at the time, but I met staff, who seemed friendly.  I giggled upon seeing Amy's room, which she shares with another person.  There's only one bed in the room.  
"Wait a second," I said "I thought you had a roommate."  
"I do," Amy corrected me, "She doesn't like to sleep in beds."  
Oh, so Amy shares a room with a woman who sleeps in a recliner.  No judgement, just surprised. 

I'm happy for her though.  Happy that she's just close enough that I can technically drive to visit her after work (although I can't do that often, I'm exhausted today), and happy that she's in a home that at least right now, she's proud of. 

No comments: