Thursday, May 17, 2012

Buttons and Business Card Holders

I learned a life skill today: how to sew on a button.  This as my cats, brother and sister, sat beside me, loving each other.  I blame them for my constant urge to nap.  It's impossible to get anything done when two furry creatures are stretching beside you, inviting you to lay down, just for a second, and cuddle.                           
But a button ain't nothing.  Look at what else I managed to make!  Okay, I just made some credit/business card holders and a cloth pouch, but as a dropout of I-dont-want-to-tell-you-how-much-I-spent sewing classes, being able to create with a sewing machine is an accomplishment. The project in the first photo is actually made out of an old child's apron I found at a yard sale last weekend.




Also made my way out to Elgin to see my mom's best friend, Amy.  She kept more of my mom's belongings than I did.  Her in-the-works daycare is loaded with mugs, towels, tables, even a washer, all from Winmoor Drive.  One of her employees apparently even took my mother's bedroom set.  Seeing memorabilia from my childhood scattered around was odd, but not unsettling.  I love knowing people, other than my sisters, close family, and I can't help but have my mom on their mind as her stuff is everywhere.

No comments: