Thursday, July 26, 2012

Biding Time

While yes, I have been offered a job, starting there takes time.  Drug tests, background checks, and of course, the good ol' apartment search.  My starting date is still up in the air (it was initially August 1).  The station is willing to push it back further since their paperwork isn't in order yet, and because I can't move into my beautiful apartment until August 11th.  I may still be staying in a hotel or crashing on someone's couch for a week if they have me start earlier, however, that is yet to be determined.

Either way, my new home.  Correction.  Spencer's and my new home!  Yes, he is moving with me.  We're both putting our name on the lease.  But also conveniently chose a two bedroom that I can afford on my own, so if things do go sour, well, I'm not completely screwed too as I can then choose to get a roommate.

It's a big deal.  27.  Not only moving in with your boyfriend, but relocating with him.  It will be an adventure, one we probably wouldn't take so quickly if it weren't for the situation, but nonetheless, one we both agree we're ready for.  Also,  in case I haven't mentioned yet, Spencer is amazing.

 

 Apartment hunting aside, I haven't had a ton to do.  If anything I have more free time than ever before I don't have to spend my days applying for jobs.  And so, I've been painting over old paintings...creating even more hideous creations.  Torturing Zoe with the help of Spencer's campy talking bear-rug he just found in his parent's garage.  And I spent a good five hours at the Aveda Institute the other day, having my hair permanently straightened with their Smooth Infusion treatment.  I had it done a year ago and it really works.  Costly, but totally worth not having to fight curls in front of the camera on a rainy day.




No comments: