Saturday, July 14, 2012

My Goal of Grilling

Another goal achieved as I've finally cooked over a grill. Weird, right?  27 and had never done it myself.  Spencer and I had our brat BBQ Friday evening as soon as the rain broke.  He held his breath, trying not to give me directions, as I told him my goal would only be achieved if I did it without help.  I sounded like a stubborn four-year-old, and yes, cooked on a gas grill, rather than charcoal, but I did it.  Goal achieved.                                  

California, Sierras, Summer 2006

NOTE:  As I was finishing this post I realized, I'VE GRILLED BEFORE!  I spent a summer starving kids as a camp counselor for a weightloss adventure camp six years ago.  I cook nearly all their meals over a gas grill.  But does it count if it's cook over a grill in pot or pan?  Ha, either way, I guess I'm not as much of a newby as a thought, although I'm still applauding myself for my brat fest.


No comments: