Monday, July 16, 2012

Hired!

I got the call at 10:41 this morning. The assistant news director for a station in Indianopolis took a while to say it but finally it came, "...and we would like to offer you the position."  I gasp, squealed, thanked her, and said, of course, I would join their team, become the station's new morning reporter.  No need to discuss salary, benefits, or other details, (which all followed and are ideal) this is the job I want.  I'll be two hours from Allison and Walker, just over three from Amy and the rest of my family.  And it's an amazing career move.  Market 25 (signifies the 25th largest TV audience in the country), and a new type of reporting as I've never covered morning news.
The face of sheer happiness.

The hire comes after, as of Friday, five months of unemployment.  After applying to nearly 150 positions.  Countless interviews, rejections, and even some offers that I've turned down because the position or station didn't feel right.  From Minneapolis, Portland, and Cleveland to Michigan, Missouri, and New York, I've had moments, days or weeks between interviews where I thought I may have found my new home.  But now I actually have, and I'm so relieved.  No details on when I'm moving quite yet.  That will come.  But it's happening. 




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats Annie!! Super exciting :)