Thursday, July 26, 2012

Stressed Out Sisters

I cried last night about my new job.  What if my reporting isn't up to par?  What if they fire me?  What if I don't fit in well at the station?  As Spencer tried to comfort me, Allison text me, "I'm a sadball, stressball," she said.  She too was having a hard night, packing for the move into her and Walker's first home, realizing how much stuff they have since emptying out my mom's house.

Then a minute ago Amy called on the verge of tears.  She visits a potential new home for an overnight stay tomorrow, and as excited as she is, she's terrified.  She needs this home to adore her, as her current house doesn't.  I'll be dropping her off for the visit tomorrow.  Amy mentioned how much she wished mom would be there instead. 

So much stress.  So much change.  And yes Amy, I wish mom were here too.  I would love to tell her about my new job, she'd be so excited.  She'd adore Spencer.  And on moving day she'd be there, sitting on her walker, watching me break my back, or scrubbing the stove until it shined.  But no mom.  It's the girls for themselves now, trying to fill her spot for one another, as life keeps on moving along.

No comments: