Saturday, August 27, 2005

It's finally here!

I leave tomorrow and am more excited than I can explain. Dad and I went out and bought binoculars today and now I’m set…I just crossed off the last thing on my list to pack.

I had an awesome week home and got to see so many people, and I already miss a lot of them, but I’m definitely ready to go. I hate being all sappy on my blog because I know that the people I write about may end up reading this and yada, yada, yada, I feel stupid overall, hence why I’m not going into detail about the party Tuesday night, or how the girls gave me a new yacht club necklace to have on the trip since I lost mine last summer, or how Bill cooked me dinner, or the awesome time I had seeing everyone at the UC. Allison always read my blog when I was up in Alaska because she liked to hear my take on events; and I found it awkward…maybe that’s not the right word. When I got home though Bill had left me the nicest instant message:

“im actually really excited for you because your getting to travel and see the world, which is what i think everyone in college should get out and do. your going to experience much more than i can imagine, even much more than you can imagine and for that im happy for you.”

I’ll be in the Bahamas tomorrow afternoon and won’t board the ship until Tuesday morning. Then it’s unpacking, meeting my roommate, orientation, and finally classes begin. I feel like I’m starting my freshman year all over again. By Saturday I’ll be in Venezuela, how cool is that?

I just flew for the first time this summer and now I’m traveling around the world...I am so lucky.

When I say keep in touch, I mean it.

Much love.

No comments: